Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring has sprung

I worked today and we are learning a new computer system and the stress is evident as I pass each employee. I wonder what I am still doing there, only God knows. I know He has a reason and some days I see it. Not so sure today!

I know I am way past due to begin a regular routine of walking (and so do my clothes), so after I provided supper and got Jimmy off to work, I donned my old clothes and off I go. I figured it would relieve some stress if nothing else. It is such a wonderful season of the year so I enjoy the green, green grass, the beautiful flowers (both sight and smell), visiting with neighbors, meeting new dogs, and enjoying the chirping of the birds and the sound of the dove (you see I am attuned to them since I have a thing for doves).

Now mind you, there is the downside of the walk! Cars that go 45 in a 25, dogs that bark and LOOK like they could tear you to pieces, dodging the goose STUFF in the road, and other issues I won't disclose except to women who are 60 and above. You understand!

In the midst of this I was reminded of the Song of Solomn passage: "My beloved spoke, and said to me; 'Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledoe is heard in our land. The fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grapes give a good smell. Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away!

How appropriate. I would love to Rise up and go away with my Bridegroom-Lover. How about you? Are you ready my friend? Some days we are more ready than others, huh?

my best to you,

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment