Sunday, July 28, 2013



Jewish Roots Retreat

God has been connecting
me with people over the
past few years who were
either Jewish or had a
heart for the Jews. I
began to see Him working as He laid on my
heart a desire to learn
more about my Jewish
Roots. It was my desire
to share Jewish Roots
with our families so they
could also grow in their
walk.
Apple Hill Conference
Center was the final
piece of the puzzle. After Louise, the owner,
explained how God prepared it to be an endtime refuge for the persecuted Jews, I knew
this was God's choice
for our Retreat.
Tammy Priest was gracious enough to make
herself available to
come and teach. God
used her Jewish heritage to weave together
the Old and New Testaments in a way that gave
us deeper understanding
of the scriptures. There
were many WOW moments.
Patti Sheets guided us
in a project to make a
Star of David for framing as a reminder of
what God taught us on
that mountain. She also
painted a picture during
our worship time from
which we will make
prints. If you are interested in one let me know
(see back page of the
newsletter). The prints
are $20.
Randy Bigbie and Helen
Morris led the beautiful
worship times. We worshiped, danced, and sang
praise to the Father.
Patty Chamovitz prepared Jewish foods for
us to sample and Cindy
Miller made Haman Hat
Cookies that are served
during the Feast of Purium.
Here are some comments from the weekend:
"I can't begin to even
put into words this past
weekend. There are no
words....I think I am still
overwhelmed."
"Amazing."
"I had a wonderful time
this weekend and I'm
still trying to process all
that I learned."
"It was the best ever. I
wouldn't have changed a
thing."
Our Fall Retreat will be
October 4-6 at Lake
James. I encourage you
to register as soon as
possible—first come,
first served. Cost will
be $50.00. (Includes
materials for our sessions; scholarships
available).
We will visit The Cove
on Saturday. If you
have never been it is
quite a treat. Email me
or call 336-972-4213.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment