Thursday, September 12, 2013

Praising the Lord

I recently had an hour long conversation with our son and was rejoicing when it ended.  He was sharing how he had witnessed to a friend the day before.  The friend was using some language that was offensive to him and he asked him to stop saying it when he was talking to him.  Now that is truly amazing.
What a witness that will be to his friend and what a wonderful bold step for our son.  He is ministering to others that are having anger and relationship problems.  He can certainly do that because he has been there himself in the past.
Who better to share with us than someone who has been there, right?  It reminds me of the passage in 2 Corinthians 1: 3-4, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
I am thrilled to see our son reaching out to someone whether a believer or not and making a stand.  I love it when I am in a group and someone hesitates to share a joke or say words that are not pleasing to my Father, aren't you.  I always tell them thank you.
Lets all look for those Divine Appointments we have and be bold enough to speak out.  It's in those moments that we do that I think the Lord and His angels are rejoicing in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment