Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Cove


I was priveleged to go to The Cove this past week-end with Anne Graham Lotz, Jill Briscoe, and Fernando Ortega. What a time of refreshing just for those in ministry. I was by myself and God really ministered to me. I walked up by the trail the first night. It was so hot and humid that I had to stop and pant twice. It was an upwards climb. I have been walking and felt I was in pretty good shape but man did I give out.
When I got back to my room I opened my journal to write and reviewed back a few pages and this is what I had written: "Keep walking with Me along the path I have chosen for you. Your desire to live close to Me is a delight to My heart. I could instantly grant you the spiritual riches you desire, but that is not My way for you. Together we will forge a pathway up the high mountain. The journey is arduous at times, and you are weak. Someday you will dance lightfooted on high peaks; but for now, your walk is plodding and heavy. All I require of you is to take the next step, clinging to My hadn for strength and direction. Thought the path is difficult and the scenery dull at the moment, there are sparkling surprises just around the bend. Stay on the path I have selected for you. It is tryly the path of Life." Taken from Jesus calling. WOW!
What a visual picture of my struggle up that path, one step at a time, keeping on the path leading to the high peak where I DID find surprises around the bend. I had even had a passage in Hosea 2 a couple of weeks ago which told me to take His hand. Such an awesome place to be. If you have not attended please do so. It will bless your heart and revive your spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment