Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Does God have your heart?

Have you ever had a divine appointment and beat yourself up for not saying what you felt you should have to the person? Have you ever wished you had another chance?
That is exactly what happened to me a few weeks ago. We had a water main leak and needed our plumber but the one we have used for years was not available. I went to the yellow pages and found a company in town.
When I called the lady was very nice and had someone come out immediately. After all our water meter was whirling round and round. Now that can't be good. Soon a young man came to our door and found the problem in no time.
We carried on a conversation as he finished and I felt led to ask him where he went to church. He said, "I don't like the organized church, but Jesus has my back." Well after he left I beat myself up for not asking, "But does he have your heart?" I felt like calling up and asking to speak to him but didn't think that was appropriate.
I couldn't get this young man off my mind, so what did God do? He brought him back in about three weeks due to another leak! You can bet your bottom dollar I didn't miss this second opportunity to ask. He acknowledged that he did have Jesus in his heart. He showed me on his back was tattooed a cross. So guess he was right, Jesus had his back but more importantly his heart.
I thank God for the chance to make sure of this young man's relationship with Him. I can now rest my mind. Lord help me to never miss the opportunities that come my way to witness for You.
"And don't forget to pray for me. Pray that I'll know what to say and have the courage to say it at the right time, telling the mystery to one and all....." Ephesians 6:19 Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment