Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dove Tree



I wanted you to see how beautiful my dove tree was at Christmas. I have been collecting doves for years and it was my dream to have a dove tree. Well, I did it this year. I just sat and admired it some days. There were gold, silver, white, and glass doves.
I wish I could have had you all over to admire it with me:-). Mind you, you will have to turn your head sideways to see it cause I couldn't figure how to turn it the right way.
There are doves that were given to me by friends and family that will be cherished for years to come. They all have a lot of meaning to me. So you might say I had a Holy Spirit filled tree this year. My grandchildren loved it and helped place the doves.
It was really a representation for me of purity, holiness, and God's presence. I kept it up as long as I could before it dried to a pencil. All the needles were shedding from it and I believe one little spark would have set it on fire. Oh well, I enjoyed it while it lasted. I will have fun putting it back together next year and having my grandchildren come to help place the doves on the tree.
Don't you know I will have fun this year collecting from my travels to add to it. I had doves from all over, even from the Cove! Memories......

No comments:

Post a Comment