Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Poem by Rose Marie Bigbie

Help Me To Relinquish


Father, help me to relinquish all the things I dearly hold 
All the ways I try to cling to, in my persistent self-control

Give me rest from every burden I so needless carry ‘round
All the anxious moments in me that deny any peace be found

Let me finally see the end of all that I defend
Let me lay them at Your feet for your able hands to mend

I’m too weary to continue to find ways to circumvent
Any consequence of sin I tried never to prevent

Now I give You every care, every anxious moment spent
 That I  was never meant to carry, I now confess and do repent.

Let me live a life surrendered to your loving rod and staff
Let my faith and trust grow stronger in the face of wheat AND chaff

Now I lay down at Your feet all the things that keep me from
Singing praises to your Name, and crying,  “Not MY will be done “ !

Take away all understanding that is not  on You I lean
As I give You full permission to direct YOUR  paths,  Supreme !

Amen


 Ro Bigbie

1 comment:

  1. "Jesus Calling" Devotional to Read & Share:
    Who is in charge of your life? If it is you, then you have good reason to worry. But if it is I, then worry is both unnecessary and counterproductive. When you start to feel anxious about something, relinquish the situation to Me. I will either take care of the problem Myself or show you how to handle it.
    Luke 12:12-31;John 16:33
    The Key word is always "RELINQUISH", isn't it?
    Blessings,
    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete