Monday, June 1, 2015

Day 146

It's Time to Fly

“ Thus saith thy Lord the LORD, and thy God that pleadeth the cause of his people, Behold, I have taken out of thine hand the cup of trembling, even the dregs of the cup of my fury; thou shalt no more drink it again” Isaiah 51:22.

I was delighted to teach at the Dove's Nest Rehab Facility recently. My subject was, The Importance of Quiet Time With God and How to Hear His Voice. We probably had about 10 to 12 ladies who attended. They seemed to be engaged in our time together and asked many questions. It was a great time of sharing and I look forward to returning.

After our time together two of the ladies held back to talk to us. One was questioning her salvation experience and the other wanted to share a scripture she believed God had given her. It was from Isaiah 51:22. She read from the King James Version, which is our key passage, but I would like to share the Amplified Version on this passage because it so fits her situation. It reads: “Thus says your Lord, and your God Who pleads the cause of His people: Behold, I have taken from your hand the cup of intoxication and staggering, the cup of My wrath you shall drink no more”.

This verse applied directly to her situation. She had struggled with addiction most of her life and she believed God was saying that that cup would not be her plight anymore, that God was promising release from the chains that had held her captive for so long. She was filled with excitement and hope as she shared what God had shown her in His Word.

It was such a demonstration of what we had just shared in our session together, how to hear God's voice speaking to us. I was so excited for her because I felt like God had just given her a direct promise that she would stagger no more from the substances that had controlled her life for so many years. It is encouraging to see someone else hear from God and believe the promise was totally her's to claim.

Right after our time of sharing one of the other ladies brought over a magazine opened up to an article entitled, “It's Time To Fly”. I said, “Wow, I think God is showing you His will for your life from all directions”! None of those things were coincidental. God had orchestrated it all from our being there to encourage her, to reading the Word, and receiving it for herself. It was an awesome blessing to experience Him speaking to her and agreeing with her in that.

I remember the first time I really experienced God speaking to me out of His Word. It spurred me on to be watching and listening with more intention and with understanding that His Word is alive and active. Have you heard God speak to you from His Word? I know that passage was written to other people in a time long before, but it so applied to this young ladies circumstances and His Spirit spoke to her spirit through it to give her a promise and a hope she had not found elsewhere.


Why don't you read your Bible today with intention, expecting to hear God's voice in your situation. It just might be your time to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment