Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 148

Finding Your Way

...because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it” Matthew 7:14.
Recently I had to go out of town to a place I knew nothing about and I was traveling alone. I was a little nervous about finding it, so I got out our GPS, put it in my phone navigator, and made a print out as well. I was armed and ready, so I thought.
Halfway there one device suggested I go off the planned path to avoid heavy traffic ahead which would save me thirty minutes. The other kept a steady pace straight ahead. So what should I do? Mind you it had to be a quick decision and I had no one helping me make the decision.

At the last minute I decided to save time by taking the advice of the device that there was traffic ahead which would make me run late to my appointment. This took me through a more rural area which happened to be backed up with an accident. I found myself inching down the road at a 20 MPH pace. No time saved, which made me wonder if I would have been better off going straight on the main highway like the other device was directing me.

As Christians aren't we glad we only have one source to guide us on the best path of life? It may not always take us the shortest way or keep us from running into obstacles along the way, but we know if we follow it's instructions fully it will be the safest path. We can totally trust the Bible as our guidebook because it is filled with truth and will never lead us astray like man made devices. We can trust it to get us to our desired destination safely.

I have known times when the earthly devices either took me way out of the way or took me to places no where near my destination. We often put our faith in these instruments, but are you placing your faith in the direction in God's holy Word for your life or in where the world will take you. My eternal destination is clear, focused on eternity with my Lord and Savior. I must chose not to listen to other voices that tempt me to save time by going in another direction. God's Word is our compass. Straight and narrow is the way which leads to life-, will you be one of the few who finds it?
Sandra Kearns

No comments:

Post a Comment