Monday, May 24, 2010

Amazing Spring Retreat


Our Spring Retreat for our Mother's was totally AMAZING. We had rain off and on but that didn't dampen our spirits. The sun would break out ever so often which allowed some of us to go up on the mountain, some by the firepit, some on the rocks right in the middle of the roaring brook, and some on the porch. Wherever we found ourselves God was in our midst and He spoke to each heart as He would like. We were all open and ready to recieve from our spirits as His Holy Spirit spoke and renewed and restored us each one.
The most comforting thing was to be able to share our pain, shame, and deep hurts and struggles in company of like Mother's. There was no shame in the group as we shared how hard it is to open up and be honest in front of those who "seem" to have it all together, with kids doing just the right things.
One of the women didn't know what to expect because she had never been to a Retreat. Man, did God ever do a work in her life as she shared. I know it won't be her last retreat!
God provided every need we had and then some. We had awesome food prepared by a new found friend who has lots of energy and passion to serve. What a chef! I could not have done it without her willing spirit and provision. We were not only fed spiritually but gorgeously fed by her hand as she "washed our feet" with her servants heart.
Thank you to all who prayed for each lady in attendance. It was truly a blessing. Now I will not share any more till we get our blog updated and rejuvanated. My dear friend Nancy has agreed to help me with that. Stayed tuned!

Sandra

3 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that the retreat was amazing; I am just sorry that I couldn't be there with you.
    It sounds like God blessed each of you individually and collectively....Many were praying for you this past weekend and it sounds like all of them were answered.....

    Potter's House Blog
    http://wwwfootprintstothepottershouse.blogspot.com

    I hope each of you will check it out and sign up to be a follower.....

    Hugs and blessings,
    Nancy
    BUNANNIE@Prodigy.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, Your generosity allowed us to get away. You were there as we watched each butterfly that flew by and there were many. Thanks to you and Henry. We appreciate you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was our pleasure and we hope that you will plan another retreat soon....I hope I will be able to be with you and the gals next time....
    Sandra, thank you so much for the picture. I didn't realize you had left it until later last night.....I love her prints and think I will continue the collection you have started for me and decorate an entire wall with them....You're a sweetheart.....
    Love you,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete