Wednesday, October 20, 2010

God's Country as my Dad would say






I have been away in God's country for the past six days and man was it glorious. As you can see the country is beautiful. As you get ready to enter the property you are met with the beautiful wings always decorated for the season. So inviting. You literally feel the peace of God as you enter, protected by the wings of angels.
Nancy, Lynn, and I went to the Valle Cruz Fair on Saturday and it was a gorgeous day. Perfect for visiting all the tents, ohhing and ahhing, buying, eating (lets see we had an apple pie, chili beans and cornbread, and then apple cider. We sipped on it while we sat back and listened to the music and wanted to get up and dance to the tune. We were tucked down in the valley with the beauty of the changing trees all around us. It couldn't have been more perfect.
The next day Nancy and I went to church in Boone, ate at Vidalia's (awesome french toast), then drove back for a nap and some time with the Lord. Nancy and I shared for a while and she asked me to stay at the big house with her. The next morning the Lord took me straight to Jeremiah 18:1-6, "The word came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying: "Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause you to hear My words." Then I went down to the potter's house, and there He was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemd good to the potter to make. Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying, "O Sandra can I not do with you as this potter?" says the LORD, "Look, as the clay is in the potters hand, so are you in My hand, O Sandra." WOW! Is that not amazing. I stayed at the Potter's House for the rest of my time there. The little cabin I was in is called the Potter's House.
Please pray for the ladies who will attend a retreat there this week-end! Pray for Nancy and Pat who will lead it. God will be there, just pray they each one meet Him in their own way. If you ever get a chance to go please do. You can check out the Potters House blog site on my home page. You will see pictures of it also with the wonderful brook which flows the length of the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment