Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Retirement

I had the best time at my retirement dinner a couple of weeks ago. There were about 20 gals there to greet me after a long day at work. So much fun! After the meal we had my favorite....cheesecake. They gave a gift of money to my favorite ministry...On Wings like a Dove. It was great. Can't believe I will soon not be going in to work. Seems strange after 40 some years.

Then last Thursday Medical Park Hospital gave me a reception with the biggest chocolate cake ever. Staff members came in and out for two hours and it was so good to hug on each one and except their best wishes. I had been there for 24 years so it was with mixed emotions that I greeted each one. By the way, all the cake got gone.
I got to sleep in the next morning as long as I wanted....but since then I have gotten up early each morning. Yesterday I attended an all day seminar and had to get up at 5:30 a.m. Our grandson, Kane stayed with us last night and he allowed me to sleep in till 8:00. That was pretty good.
We took Kane and Brett, our other grandson to the fair today. We got there at 1:00 and left at 8:30. Can you tell we had a grand ole time? We ate and let the kids ride the rides and ate some more. I will put pictures on tomorrow. Gotta keep Kane tomorrow so my son and his girls can go to the fair. Then Papa and I may go again....alone.
We had a blast today and made lots of hopefully good memories for those boys. We saw friends we hadn't seen in a while. I have not felt yet like I am retired. Normally I would be going back to work tomorrow till the end of the week. Maybe it will sink in soon. Think I will sleep in tomorrow...what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment