Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Quality Time

I called up my Dad to ask if he could help me put a cabinet together yesterday. He can do anything. I use to think so as a little girl and I haven't changed my mind. He was available so I went over and wouldn't you know they didn't put the right board in. I am so glad I didn't start the project on my own. I had opened the box and closed it back up cause it had too many pieces. Thank goodness my Dad had a drill and was able to make the holes that were needed to get it all together. Otherwise I would have had to take apart what we had done, stick it back in the box (or try), and then return it only to begin the process over. I wouldn't have been a happy camper.
Our son, Rob and grandson Kane, went over before I got there and helped Grandaddy move some boards that were laying on his grass. Kane swung with Grammie.
My daughter, Melissa, is coming over next weekend to help me sort through my home office and reorganize. The shelf will go in there. For some reason she thinks I shouldn't have things sitting around all over the floor. She thinks it will look better in a shelf with pretty little bins :). I think I agree.
I can't wait to get it all fixed and "Cute".
So you see I am spending quality time with those I love while getting things accomplished. After putting the shelf together we went to a seafood restaurant to eat. We hadn't been to that particular one in a while and it was sooooooooo good. Could have been cause I hadn't eaten lunch!
Now I will have to think of some way to repay all the favors I am recieving, huh? Melissa and I will probably go out to eat afterwards also. That girl can eat! She is precious to want to help her ole Mom. Ole, not old.
Jimmy and I spent quality time this week putting out rocks and stepping stones in the garden. It about broke our backs but it does look nice. We have more to do. It has been a desire of mine to put rock at the driveway drain pipe. It looked so bare and ugly. We got one side about done. We both came in and crashed afterwards.
Why am I telling you all this? I don't know, just chatting. It is a lot more fun doing a project with helpers. We about got ALL the family involed in helping each other this week.
Have a great day.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment