Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring, Did I say it is my favorite season????

How is it you forget from year to year the things you don't really like about the season. I was reminded this weekend, actually last week: When the tornadoes ripped through, when I had to start pulling weeds and cutting back dead limbs, when pollen covered my car and they reported it was the worse ever this year,when I pulled up old flowers and then suffered with poison oak all over my arms, hands, and some on my face. Ugh! I can look at the stuff and zap----I develop skin blisters and boil like areas! I started right away putting my cream on them but they really got bad this time. I feel like scratching them but know better.
One area really got bad and looked like a boil and hurt and got real inflammed. I thought, Wow, how did Job feel when he had boils all over. Job 2:7,"So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD, and struck Job with painful boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head. And he took for himself a potsherd with which to scrape himself while he sat in the midst of the ashes." His friends didn't recognize him and kept silent for a week because his agony was so great.
Oh my goodness, puts it all in perspective, right? From the sole of his feet to the crown of his head. Man, I cannot even imagine. My worse area is between my fingers. Can you imagine scrabbing these sores and blisters with a potsherd? Ouch?
So there you go, this is nothing. It will all be gone in a few days. Yes, it looks gross but I think I can endure it. (Just hope my patients can tomorrow).
I just go in apologizing and telling them it is not contagious! "Yeah right," they say.
By the way, I think the devil planted that old stuff right where he knew I would dig, what do you think? Watch out my friend, he might just be out to get you too! :-)

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment