Thursday, February 4, 2010

Discouragement

On my way to work this morning I learned of a volatile situation with a couple of our prodigals. This couple had been doing so good, but in one moment of anger he had given her a black eye and ended up in jail himself. How disappointing. This situation remained on my mind all day long. I called the wife after work and talked and prayed with her. The tears were evident in her voice. It was hard to be reasuring when she is now going to lose her home and feels so all alone once again. As I searched the Word here is what the Lord gave me: "I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart, wait, I say, on the Lord!" Psa 27:13-14.

I was so discouraged to see this couple right back down in the pit. But the wife still has a job and we are going to try to help her get into a shelter. Please pray for that as we make contact with an agency tomorrow. Pray for her rest tonight. Pray God will be very near her and soothe her breaking heart. Her name is Pam.

Pray for Mark to be able to sit and think over the situation and allow God to speak to his heart in all this. Pray for him to be totally transformed during this time the Lord has set him apart. Pray for the others in the group as they learn of this turn of events. Pray they will reach out to both of them in love. Pray that we will have wisdom in how to help.

We must not be discouraged. The Lord is working in and through it all to accomplish His purposes. We must not give up. We must continue to show God's love and hopefully bring hope and healing to this couple. We must undergird them with prayer. Join us will you?

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment