Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 119

Avoid The Buildup of Sin

“Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:” Ephesians 4:31.

Every time I opened our freezer to get something out I was confronted with the ice laden shelves. I knew that it needed to be defrosted but I kept putting it off. I had many excuses; no time to do it, it would be a messy process, and it would take some chiseling as thick as the build up was. Now if I had started the clean up process when I first saw it begin it would have been easier. But no, I let it build up over time making the job harder and a much longer process.

Yesterday I decided it was time to get it done. I unplugged the freezer and let it melt down but in order that it not take two days I decided to get the hammer out to break up the thick pieces. You heard me right, a hammer.

I thought about what would happen if we allowed the build up of sin in our spiritual lives. Sometimes we allow many things such as, offenses, pride, and hurts to build up in our hearts. Then comes the explosion, the harmful words, or the bad attitudes. But if we take care of it in the beginning by going to God's Word for instruction and healing on a daily basis we can avoid the build up and therefore God's hammer!

Daily repentance and worship will help keep our spirit connected to His Spirit so that we will hopefully exhibit His love to others. Maybe you have a buildup of bitterness, anger, unforgiveness in your heart. Maybe you need to let His Word chisel it out. Confess your sin before Him today as an act of putting it away from you. Then stay connected to His power making confession a daily habit in order to avoid the buildup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment