Saturday, May 23, 2015

Day 131

Iron Sharpens Iron

“As iron sharpens iron so a friend sharpens a friend” Proverbs 27:17.

God has blessed me with good friends in my life time. Some come and go, some stick through thick and thin, some are gone a while but when we meet we start right back up like we have never been a part. Some are more like the sister I never had and we can share our hearts, laugh and cry together accepting each other as we are. There will be up's and down's, hurt feelings, and misunderstandings but no matter what we remain close friends.

Thankfully God has blessed me with friends who love me unconditionally, who can hold me accountable with love, correct me when I am off base, affirm me when appropriate, and who pray for me often. I know you know what I mean by the importance of good friends. When I was going through such difficult times in our family I could always depend upon those friends to intercede on our behalf. Never did I doubt the power of their prayers which I knew got me through the long nights.

In my Bible I have a card a friend gave me in 2003 as I prepared to go on an overseas mission trip. It is a promise to pray for me. Her words were: “I will be faithfully praying for you”. It is such a blessing to know someone is praying as you go. Those prayers give protection, guidance, direction, and wisdom beyond your human capabilities. I am so grateful to have had those faithful prayer partners over the years. I know God has heard each one and He has heard mine for them. We definitely sharpen each other.

Do you have friends who pray for you as you face a difficult situation or make a decision? Do you have friends who hold you accountable not just telling you what you want to hear, but what you need to hear? Are you like iron that God uses to sharpen your friends to be all they can be in Christ? And do you allow them to sharpen you?


On Wings is also blessed to have prayer partners who are committed to pray for our families and the ministry needs. We are praying each and every day for God to bring the prodigals home. We also lift up the family members who are hurting and troubled over their loved one. Our prayer room is available to all our families who want to come for times of prayer. God uses us all to sharpen each other and we are gratefultthat we feel more like family as we grow closer through our prayer time and Bible Study together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment