Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Day 122

God Provides

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him” Hebrews 11:6.

Years ago God began to teach me that when He called me to a task He would provide the means, the words, and the strength to accomplish it. It was at my first call to Kenya that this truth began to take form for me. There was such a strong pull to go but I had never left my family, didn't have the funds, and wasn't sure I could get off work for the eighteen days we would have to be gone.

I remember holding tightly to the pew in front of me until I felt my heart ready to jump out of my chest. I finally said, “Okay Lord, I will go down and get the details about the trip, but I don't see how I can possibly go”.

After discussing it with my husband we decided that I would answer God's call to me. I thought I would help God out by finding a weekend job (on top of my full-time position), but quickly discovered I could not keep up that pace. I remember saying, “Lord, I can't do this”. In my spirit He clearly said, “I didn't ask you to”. I quit the second job immediately and watched as He brought all the money needed from one source, then another.

His lessons were all in preparation to teach dependence on Him for the ministry He would call me to. It takes faith to believe God for each months supply for ministry expenses and outreach opportunities, but for eight years we have had our needs met every single time.

We find that each new assignment requires a new level of faith. Sometimes we have to step out into the water before God will part them. He is waiting on our obedience which often requires major adjustments in our lives. Sometimes it requires leaving your family to go clear across the country to share His love with those who have never heard. Sometimes it means ministering day by day denying yourself to do His will. Sometimes it means changing directions from a lucrative career to a remote area where they have never heard the gospel. Wherever it is or whatever it is, be assured He will provide all you need to complete the task He has called you to. Do you need to step out in faith today where He is calling you?

No comments:

Post a Comment