Friday, May 29, 2015

Day 144

Pile Your Troubles on God

“Pile your troubles on God's shoulders....He'll carry your load, He'll help you out” Psalm 55:22. (The Message).

Our office is a distance from the parking lot so each day I carry a load on my shoulders. Between the computer, the books I carry back and forth, lunch for the day, and supplies for the office it can have me dragging by the time I get to the door.

I have been looking for a rolling bag I could use to help carry the burden, but had not found one that would fold up sufficiently to go into my car. The bags I found were either too small to carry my load or too large to store in my trunk. Then other days the load seems a little lighter and I can carry it without trouble. Isn't that the way life is, some days our burdens feel too heavy to carry and sometimes it feels like the weight of the world.

My friends knew I was searching for a rolling bag and began helping me look. Eventually they found one and brought it to me the other week. It is so much easier to put my items in the bag and roll it to the office. My shoulders feel such relief and I am so grateful to have help with the load.

He tells us in our key passage to pile our troubles on His shoulders. Do you know what a relief it is to have someone come up and offer to help carry our burden? It feels like a weight has been lifted when we can hand some of our load over to them. So why do we find it so difficult to roll our troubles over on God, the One person who can help us more than anyone? In another passage in 1 Peter 5: 7 He tells us to cast all our anxieties and worries, all our concerns on Him, for He cares for you, to paraphrase.


We feel the relief in the physical realm, but isn't it a relief to be able to share your burden with someone else and have them carry it in prayer or walk beside us through our difficult time with a listening ear? God is available to do that twenty-four seven but we often choose to continue to carry the load ourselves. Won't you take His advice today and cast all that concerns you on Him? I promise if you do the load will be a lot lighter to carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment