Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 102

God Does Not Lie

"Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears; for your work shall be rewarded, says the LORD, and they shall come back to their own border" Jeremiah 31:16
.
About four years ago our son called our home very distraught.  It was after midnight and I had just gotten back from doing a Ladies Retreat so my husband would not wake me up to talk.  It upset our son so badly he went outside and paced up and down the driveway in the dark.
As we talked the next day he said that he had flung himself on the hood of his car and when he looked up he saw Psalm 23 which is printed on his car windshield. He said he raised up with his hands in the air and totally surrendered to God at that point.  I'm so glad I wasn't available so he had to cry out to God with his struggle at the time.
He was impressed to go in and let his wife read the Psalm 23 passage over him until he began to feel nothing but peace as he dozed off to sleep.
His word's: "I am thirsty, not for water but for God.  God doesn't lie Mom he brought me back.  I know it will be a battle but I will stand firm".  Thirsty for God, now that is how we should all be.
After years of praying and waiting these words were music to this mother's ears.  It was a glorious day.  Has it been a battle?  Ye, but little by little we have seen growth and restoration in our son.  He is walking straight ahead to the Father, learning lessons along the way.  He is also learning that when God ask him to lay something down in his life that God has a better plan if he will continue to deny himself and take up the cross.  
No, God doesn't lie.  He gave me this key passage years ago.  I held onto it as a promise and our son was right, God does not lie!  His promise for this mother is coming to past.  Now it might have taken twenty-five years but It is happening and I know it could only be the works of God.  I look forward to where and to whom God will use him for His glory.

If you believe God has given you a promise that your prodigal will return from the enemies camp, I don't care how long it takes, you hold on to that promise.  Sometimes we wonder how long it will take for it to be fulfilled but God is always right on time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment