Monday, April 13, 2015

Day 103

Nothing Is Impossible With God

"For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment"  Luke 1: 37 (Amplified).

For years I have kept family pictures in my Bible to pray over in my time with God.  Today I was flipping through my Bible and found some pictures and a note from a dear friend who has prayed for our son over the years.  This note dated November 1998 read:  "In my prayer time today Luke 1:37 came alive in a new way and it was an assurance God wanted me to share with you concerning Rob".  She said she had posted the scripture on her bulletin board to pray for him.
At the time he was involved in drugs and in and out of jail and prison.  It was a very difficult time for our family and it sure did look impossible that we would ever see him  living for the Lord. It also reminded me of the verse in Matthew 19 verse 26b:  "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible".  We know sometimes in our lives that things worked out the way they did because it could have only been God.
In fact among the family pictures in that little Ziploc bag is a picture of my husband and I visiting our son in prison.  It is the only way we had of getting his picture made and having something to hold on to.
There was another verse this friend gave to me and prayed for our son believing God would perform it.  "And I am sure that God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you grow in his grace until his task within you is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns" Philippians 1:6 TLB.
Do you have a friend to walk alongside you in prayer for your prodigal?  It can be so comforting to know that someone else is praying, not only for your prodigal but for you in the midst of your struggles.  Those prayers can be like smart bombs being dropped down on the enemy.  There is a scripture that comes to mind also as a reminder that when two or more are in agreement God hears and answers our prayers.
Do you truly believe that all things are possible with God?  If not then maybe you need to come to terms with that today.  Ask God to forgive your unbelief and begin to believe what He says in His Word.  It has been my privilege to watch Him do the seemingly impossible in the lives of many as He brought them back to their faith and families.  I pray you will see the impossible done in your situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment