Monday, March 1, 2010

Launch Out

I was reading my devotional today and have been mulling it over in my mind all day. "Launch out into the deep" Luke 5:4. "How deep He does not say. The depth into which we launch will depend upon how perfectly we have given up the shore, and the greatness of our need, and the apprehension of our possibilities. The fish were to be found in the deep, not in the shallow water.
So with us; our needs are to be met in the deep things of God. We are to launch out into the deep of God's Word, which the Spirit can open up to us in such crystal fathomless meaning that the same words we have accepted in times past will have an ocean meaning in them, which renders their first meaning to us very shallow.
Let go the shorelines and launch into the deep"> Taken from Streams in the Desert.
So that is my word: Let go the shorelines and launch into the deep. Still mulling!
Think on this my friend.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment