Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 36

Balance

Proverbs 11:1 “A false balance is an abomination to the Lord, but a just weight is his delight.”

My health plan at work suggested I visit a nutritionist. I was having a difficult time keeping a steady exercise routine and maintaining a healthy diet. As I talked to the nutritionist he noted my protein intake was not consistent. I tended not to eat protein at breakfast or lunch, with a healthy dose at dinner. He made some suggestions saying, “It’s all about balance.” I needed to eat protein all during the day to keep my levels on a more balanced scale. No wonder I did not have enough energy, I wasn’t balanced. I was like a yo-yo up and down.

Spiritually that also applies; we need the meat of the Word all day so we can stay energized in Christ. I’ve learned to not only read His Word in the mornings but to feed on it all along my day. I’ve learned to listen to a message on the radio, sing along with songs, and read uplifting spiritual books all day to feed my spirit and keep balanced.  How do you feed your spirit and make a plan to stay balanced as you follow Christ? Our goal must be to stay spiritually balanced.


No comments:

Post a Comment