Sunday, February 15, 2015

Day 45

The Bride



I delight greatly in the Lord;
    my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
    and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
    and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Isaiah 61.10  NIV

I have a picture of a bride dressed in white, sitting outside on a rock in apparent surrender to her Bridegroom Lover.  The sun is beaming down on her in the glory of His presence.  She is dressed in white with pearls and jewels.  Oh, how I long for the Lord to see me as pure, holy, blameless before Him; totally surrendered. We need to be preparing our dress to wear on that glorious wedding day in Heaven as we meet the Lord face to face.

The preparation begins right here on earth as we surrender to His will in this life on earth.  This is a time of designing our own gown.  We can make the choice of living a blameless, holy, and Godly life which gives us the privilege of wearing a white gown.  Or, we can choose to submit to the lure of the world and arrive in a dirty, bedraggled gown.

Which will you choose today?  Be careful what you watch, what you read, what you listen to, or choose to take in.


No comments:

Post a Comment