Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 46


Engraved on the Father’s hand

Isaiah 49:16a

 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands;.

After a visit to see our son in prison the remembrance of it was indelibly imprinted not only on my mind, but on my hand. As I sat in church the next day preparing for worship I happened to look down and saw the telltale sign of PCI (Piedmont Correctional Institution),which had been stamped on my hand the day before as we checked in to see our son.

I saw many sad things while waiting in line that day with many other family members and friends. Such things as older parents who waited patiently to have those precious two hours with their sons, some with canes, some with oxygen giving them their very breath, yet they made the effort to come visit with their loved one. Those scenes will also be indelibly printed on my mind.
One thing really touched my heart as a family in front of us in line presented themselves at the window to be processed in for their visit with their husband and Father. It took them a very long time and others were becoming very impatient with the wait. After what seemed a very long time, they were turned away because their names were not on the approved list for entrance.
As they turned away from the window I saw the disappointment written all over their faces as the realization sunk in that they would not be seeing their loved one that day. Tears flowed down the cheeks of the young teenage daughter as her Mother explained the situation.
I felt very sad for the family as they made their way back to their car with heads hanging. I also found myself hurting for the inmate who probably was expecting his family for a visit that day. Can you imagine his disappointment and the worry he experienced not knowing why they had not come as promised.
 Our names are engraved on the palm of our Heavenly Father’s hand as promised in God’s Word. Engraved, not just stamped with ink that washes away over time. Our names will never be removed, just like the names of our children cannot be removed from our hearts, no matter what they have done or where they are.
Have you made sure your name is written in the book of life? Don’t assume it is, only to stand before Him one day to discover He has to turn you away. Make sure your name is recorded in the Lamb’s Book of Life right now if you haven’t settle that with Him. When it is written it can never be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment