Friday, February 13, 2015

Day 44

Hearing thru Scripture

“Everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.”  Romans 15.4

All of us need encouragement as we walk a hard journey.  Oftentimes we look for our encouragement in all the wrong places.  Hopefully, we have surrounded ourselves with Godly mentors who can give us a word of encouragement, but it’s the Scriptures that we need the most.

Many nights, I found myself falling asleep with the Bible on my chest, praying in earnest for our son who had lost his way.  The words on the page had been written ages ago but they brought fresh promises and hope to a mother’s broken heart.  It gave me spiritual CPR.

As you read and a passage resonates in your heart, meditate on it, write it down, and re-read it often.  Make it your own as it gives you the capability to take the next breath.  The first time God really spoke to me out of His Word became to me an addiction, a love, a longing, a passion, and a desire that nothing else compares to.

My prayer is that you develop the same love relationship with God’s Word.  Read it with expectancy as you listen for God’s voice that sometimes shouts and sometimes whispers, but always speaks!



No comments:

Post a Comment