Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 37

Don’t Give Up

Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

While at a seminar at the Cove in Asheville, I prayed I would be able to have the speaker, Henry Blackaby pray with me. God opened that door on the last day of the conference.  As I shared the fact that my son was on the streets using drugs and I needed prayer, Henry put his hand on my shoulder and prayed. One sentence that rang in my head for years after… “Lord, help this mother to never give up.”

That sustained me many days and I NEVER did give up. Every time I felt like it, the Lord would remind me of that prayer. Maybe you feel like giving up on your prodigal. Let me encourage you not to give up hope. Our family faced many dark days but we chose to believe God would bring our son home one day. It didn’t happen overnight, but it has happened.

I urge you to pray and find a prayer partner or partners to join you in your efforts. Prayer works. We believe that God hears the desperate cry of a parent and it makes all the difference. Never give up. It might not be the answer you would have liked but His answer is always perfectly orchestrated. His plans are not ours but knowing the whole picture, His plan is perfect. Rest in that fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment