Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 66

Follow Him

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you" Psalm 32:8.

Needing to get away for renewal and refreshment after full-time ministry I decided to enroll for a spiritual refreshment seminar at the Cove in Asheville. Little did I know what God had prepared for me there.
As I checked in at the Lodge a conversation developed with a couple on the elevator before I ever walked to my room. They shared that they were in ministry in the Bronx, N. Y. and I remember saying, "I need to hear your story". Imagine my surprise as the speaker called them up on stage to give a synopsis of how God was using them a day later.

Their mission was to reach the prostitute, the homeless, the drug addict, the poor, the destitute, and essentially anyone who needed Christ in their lives. What a demonstration of God's love they were. Our minstry goal is to see those in the dark come to the Light of Jesus so their story really resinated in my heart.
As I continued to listen I sensed God asking On Wings Like a Dove to join in their efforts. As He taught us what that would look like, He also promised to counsel us and watch over us as we obeyed His call to go to the worse part of the Bronx to help minister to the needs there.

Is God instructing you to step out in faith and follow Him? Will you trust His promise in our passage to counsel and watch over you in the way you should go? In a little over a month later we were priveleged to join this pastor and his wife on mission. We took a van packed with Treasure Boxes, bookbags, clothes, and hygiene items that had been given towards the effort. The experience we four ladies had as we responded to God's call to go is one we will always remember and cherish. Serving God is the most exciting adventure you can have so our advice is to follow Him wherever He calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment