Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day 81

Standing In The Gap
"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their" own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord God" Ezekiel 22:30-31.
Ezekiel was looking for someone to stand in the gap. Why? So that God would not have to bring down judgement on the heads of the people. He loved us so much He gave His only begotten Son to stand in the gap for us...to pay our penalty. He never wants to bring judgement so he asked for someone to make a hedge and stand in the gap.
So let's stand in the gap for our prodigals through prayer. We can pray against the enemy who attempts to hold them in his grip with addiction to substances as well as other strongholds. Our intercession for them will hopefully break every bondage and set them free.
It is in the power of our prayers as we take up the burden of not only our prodigal but all prodigals. Let's covenant to pray them back to the Father. Oh how we long for them to come out of the darkness into His marvelous light. Hard to fathom that He longs for it even more, that He loves them even more than we do. We must trust Him in our prayers to do what He knows is best in answer, even if we must release them to Him physically.
You might want to pray like this: "Lord, Please allow me to stand in the gap for my prodigal and for others like him/her. We come in joint effort to storm the gates of heaven on behalf of our loved ones. Please Lord, hold Your hand of wrath for we long to see them serving You. May the chains of bondage fall off so they can be set free. May the scales fall from their eyes and allow them to hear You calling them home. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment