Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 71

Betrayal
[My companion] has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; he has broken and profaned his agreement [of friendship and loyalty]. Psalm 55.20 Amplified.
A friend in ministry has recently experienced the pain of someone close turning away from the friendship agreement they had.
In John 15:18, Jesus tells us, “If the world hates you, you know it has hated Me before it hated you.” Because we are not of the world, the world hates us. We can expect that of the world but when a friend betrays us it is like a knife in our heart. It is hard to wrap our brains around the fact that the one we use to have such fellowship with has turned away from that special time of friendship. It is a hurt like no other and is often hard to wrap our heads around.
It reminds me of Judas’ betrayal of Jesus. Jesus knew what Judas was going to do but we are often blindsided. In my Bible, I have a note written at Matthew 26 which is the story of Jesus’ betrayal “Jesus did not focus on the betrayal. He just left it alone. He let God take care of the betrayer.” So what should our response be? Will you choose to leave it in God's hands or will you take matters into your own hands with the potential of doing major damage to your testimony? It is often tempting to strike back when we have been hurt or feel left out but it's not the solution.
In Psalm 55: 12-14 it reads: “For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it; neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him. But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company”. David was obviously crushed that the friend he had so cherished and even walked in the house of God with would desert him. Be wise enough to leave the matter in God's hands because I am pretty sure you may never understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment