Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day 79


Those In Darkness Have Seen a Great Light
"The people {Prodigals} walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a Light has dawned" Isaiah 9:2.
This was our ministry focus passage last year. Each board member was given an oil lamp at our planning meeting so they could remember to shine in the darkness and be reminded to pray for each prodigal to see a great light. So many are in the darkness of drugs, alcohol, or sexual addiction. Oh how we long for them to be set free.
It reminds me of the song entitled, 'This Little Light of Mine' which most of us learned as children. One verse I recall said, "Won't let Satan blow it out, I'm going to let it shine". We can come against the strongholds in our loved ones life through intercession and sharing His Word in one way or another.
On Wings, with the help of our donors, sends Bibles in weekly to the prisoners. One of our inmates wrote this to us: "I am so thankful God sent OWLAD into my life. I have begun to love myself again and to love Christ and He is making everything brand new in my life. I can never ever forget our friendship because when everyone in the world thought of me as a monster, you gave me hope, encouragement, courage and peace".
Many others have expressed how the Word is blessing them and how they see men studying it in their facility and that it is making a difference. Psalm 119:105 reads, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path". It is like a lantern or a flashlight that lights our path enabling us to see clearly in the darkness. Even if they trip and fall they can get back with the Word as their guide.
Why not pray this prayer from this Isaiah passage for your prodigal and watch to see what God does in their lives. Let your own light shine brightly and remember to never let Satan blow it out. Keep your flame of prayer burning, never letting it burn out until your prodigal finds his or her way home. Also Thank Him today for shining His Light on you and bringing you out of your darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment