Saturday, March 28, 2015

Day 87

Are You Offended With God?

"And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in Me" Matthew 11:6.

When I was working I would often go to my car or sit at the picnic table if weather permitted to have time with the Lord.  One day during this time I was facing a very hard situation.  Our son had been arrested the day before and I felt like it was a time God could have intervened in the situation.  So why had He not?  That was a question I kept asking.
Struggling with this thought I opened the study book I had, "Believing God" by Beth Moore.  On the very page I was studying that day this is what it said:   Beth said,  "I'd go so far as to suggest that the deeper we have loved God, the  deeper the potential for devastation when God doesn't intervene as we know He can.  Blessed are we when we could be offended and choose with every shred of tattered faith not to be".
Okay, so I have a choice here.  Do I blame God for not intervening or do I express gratitude for how He had worked in it to stop worse repercussions.  I choose not to be offended but choose the blessing that come from trusting Him with it all.
What is your circumstance today?  Are you tempted to be offended with God for not making things turn out in the way you envisioned?  Will you believe that He is working all things together for your good and the good of those you love?  
We who love Him deeply know He is capable of changing our situation, but the test will come in whether we trust His plan and purpose if He doesn't?  He says we will be blessed if we choose the latter.  If you have been offended or angry with Him confess that today and choose to praise Him for how He is working even when you don't see the reasoning of it.  He knows the end of the story.  Why don't you trust Him with each circumstance in your life and not question Him like I did that day.  
I like the Living Bible version of our key passage:  "Blessed are those who don't doubt Me".  If there is any doubt about what He is doing in your life ask His forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment