Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day 72


THE BATTLE IS NOT OURS
Please Read 2 CHRONICLES 20: 9-21
Several years ago my husband and I were privileged to be at the beach and had begun to unwind and relax. We took in the beauty of the sunset, the wonderful sounds of the ocean waves and the activity of the seagulls as we leisurely walked the beach.
I had been writing a piece for the family newsletter we published each month and the Lord had taken me to 2 Chronicles 20, I thought it was to share with our mothers, but little did I know it was to prepare me for what was to come in our own lives.
We awakened the following morning to a call from our daughter saying that our son was in the ER after attempting to take his life. As I had alluded to in my testimony shared just weeks before, life can change so rapidly with just one phone call. Needless to say we began to pack and clean up for the long journey home and the vacation was over.
In verse 12 it says, “O our God, will You not exercise judgment upon them? For we have no might to stand against this great company that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.” As loved ones I am sure you, like myself, have often not known what to do in the situation you found yourself in. In this verse we are admonished to keep our eyes on God. Where are your eyes?
In verse 15 it says, “Be not afraid or dismayed at this great multitude; for the battle is not yours but God's”. As we drove home I kept repeating, “the battle is not mine Lord, it is Yours”. Just having that fresh word in my mind got me through some very difficult days. God had prepared me for this battle and He did bring deliverance for our son. I beg you to stay in His Word when you are going through your struggle with your prodigal. God may be preparing you for the battle of your life. You need His instructions and assurance as you go forward.
In verse 17 God reminds us to stand still, see His deliverance in our situation and He promises us that He will be with us. What better words were ever spoken. We can get through anything knowing He is by our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment