Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 69

Stagnant or Living
"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water" John 7:38.
While at a week-end Retreat I found my quiet spot on the rocks in the middle of the brook while having my time with the Lord. What a great place to meet with Him as I was surrounded by water rushing down all around me.
Later as I climbed over the rocks my eyes were drawn to a stagnant pool of water. It was not in the flow of water trailing down the hill. It looked dirty, and ugly with green slime pooled on the top. It made me think about our spiritual stagnation at times. We remove ourselves from the flow of God's Living Water by gradually pulling away from our time alone with Him, from reading His Word, from communicating with Him, or from fellowshiping with other Christians who help hold us accountable.
We can sometimes look as dirty as the world as we chosse to watch what they watch, read what they read, talk like they talk, laugh at the same dirty jokes they do, or go to the came clubs. I always ask, "Would I be comfortable doing this or saying that if Jesus were sitting there with me"? He really is there all the time isn't He because He says He never leaves us nor forsakes us. Sometimes sin begins to mount up in our lives like the thick green scum on the water and it turns ugly and smelly.
Maybe you sense you have gotten stagnant in your Chrisitan walk. What are some things you can do to get back in a steady flow of fresh, pure water. Won't you reconnect with God by being in His Word and letting His Living Water wash over you. Maybe you need to rededicate yourself to Him today. If someone looked at your life today would they see a difference from the world or would they see stagnation? Examine yourself, confess, and get back in His flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment