Friday, January 2, 2015

On Wings of Hope Day 1




It’s been my desire to provide a daily encouragement for struggling families. This devotional “On Wings of Hope”, will be posted daily on Facebook. In the beginning of my journey that’s all I was seeking – hope. Hope is defined as “A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.” Hope for the day, even the next moment. It seemed I was drowning with no hope of rescue, no light at the end of a very long tunnel. Each day in “On Wings of Hope” will be a promise, a word, a prayer, from my own long twenty-five year journey with my prodigal. God’s Word gave me hope for each new day and I believe He is our only Hope.
But now Lord, what do I look for? My HOPE is in YOU! Psalm 39:7
- Sandra Kearns


Day 1
“Cast all your anxiety on Jesus because He cares for you.” I Peter 5:7
In the first On Wings Like a Dove newsletter, we wrote: “Jesus is our hope in times of trouble. There is hope for the hurting heart. He cares for you.” Our Lord has a marvelously sympathetic heart. He knows the hurting heart of the prodigal and the parent or loved one of that prodigal.
If your heart is troubled today don’t allow yourself to remain discouraged. Instead ask Him to bear your heavy burden and give your hurts to Him. Ask Him to help you in your anger, disappointment, crushed dreams, or anything that is tugging on your heart today. Ask Him to pull you tightly to His chest so you can feel the strength and warmth of His love. Lift up your prodigal to Him even if you don’t feel like it. Take them to the throne and tear down the strongholds in their lives through prayer. God hears. Take time to write down Scriptures based on hope or promises He has given you and claim them as done. Write them on index cards and keeping them before you to give you encouragement and to remind you to pray. Remember, God HEARS!


No comments:

Post a Comment