Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 16 Inmates Working


Inmates working

“As for me, for be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you.” 1st Sa12:23 a

Isn’t it interesting how our perspective changes according to what life brings us? Passing by a sign with the words “Inmates Working,” might not have grabbed my attention before our son was an inmate. Now I say a prayer for each me and their families. Sometimes I get to speak a word of encouragement to the workers standing close by. I would have appreciated and kind words spoken to our son in the same situation.

When I see on the news that someone is arrested or and big bus transporting inmates rolls by, I pray. When the offender is arrested the family members are caught in a prison of their own. Would you breathe a word of prayer for the inmate working on the side of the road or passing in a transfer bus? Behind each of those faces is a parent or grandparent, child or spouse all trying to pick up the pieces and provide for their families. Pray for Gods provisions and His strength to persevere. Most days are very hard to see any hope.




No comments:

Post a Comment