Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 26



Refrain from Weeping



Thus says the Lord:
“A voice is heard in Ramah,
    lamentation and bitter weeping.
Rachel is weeping for her children;
    she refuses to be comforted for her children,
    because they are no more.”

16 Thus says the Lord:
“Keep your voice from weeping,
    and your eyes from tears,
for there is a reward for your work,
declares the Lord,
    and they shall come back from the land of the enemy.
17 There is hope for your future,
declares the Lord,
    and your children shall come back to their own country.

Jeremiah 31.15-17  ESV



As I read the key passage and inserted my name… “Sandra, refrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears… for your work will be rewarded… there is hope in your future… your child will come back from the enemy’s camp.  This passage became my hope verse.  Having believed God gave me this as a promise for my son, I claimed it.  Did things in this situation immediately change?  No, but I continued to hold on to the fact that one day I would see our son return not only to his family but to the Lord.  When I felt like the Lord took me to a passage that I could hold on to, I would write it down on an index card.  On those days when I seemed to lose focus or hope, I would pull out the appropriate card with the verse that I needed and repeat it over and over.  Sometimes I would pray it out loud but most of all I would believe it.  Maybe you need index cards as a reminder too.  Write down the passages God gives you for your situation and believe!




No comments:

Post a Comment