Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 29

Search Me



“Search me, O God, and know my heart and try me and know my thoughts; and see if there be any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.”  Psalm 139:23-24



On my kitchen window is written the key passage on an index card.  As I stand at the sink I am reminded to pray it for myself.  It’s hard for us to acknowledge that we have any wicked ways residing in us but as we pray this prayer, God reveals our heart.  Hopefully as He does we can confess our sins and be restored to right fellowship with Him.  It is sobering to think God knows our thoughts, isn’t it?  Sometimes I am amazed by the thoughts that come up in my head – thoughts I wouldn’t want anyone to know.  Since God knows them all, I want Him to examine me and purge me of any wicked ways or thoughts so I can stand clean before Him one day.



I love the Living Bible version of this passage: “Point out anything You find in me that makes You sad…”  Maybe you would like to join me in this exercise.  Put the passage on an index card, tape it up where you will see it each day and pray it.  I know it is not your desire to make God sad so use this as a purifying process as you genuinely seek His wisdom.  The good thing is, He will point it out in love, not condemnation.



One day it could be a wrong thought, a wrong attitude, a wrong word spoken, or a wrong gesture made.  Allow HIM to show you and start today!


No comments:

Post a Comment