Friday, January 30, 2015

Day 30

Looking for the Master



“Watch you, therefore; for you know not when the master of the house cometh…”  Mark 13:35a



While I was eating in my car, I noticed a dog in a nearby truck peering intently out the passenger window.  As I watched, it was obvious the dog was waiting on his master’s return.  Nothing seemed to distract his gaze.  It was his goal to see his master.  I’m pretty sure he had been told, “you stay here and I’ll be back”!  He had learned to trust his master knowing that he would return just as he said he would.  He would observe others coming and going but his eyes were peeled for his master.



Jesus instructed us to watch for Him because he would return in the twinkling of an eye.  The dog never uttered a sound until his master returned.  Then he voiced his happiness.  Can you imagine our joy when our Master returns for us?  Our joy might just be dependent on our preparedness.  Are you watching for your Master or are you distracted by the world?  If so, refocus and set your gaze on the true Master.


No comments:

Post a Comment