Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 27

God’s Word is Important



“Everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.”  Romans 15:4



As a young girl, I knew so many of the Bible stores by heart but when I read the Bible there was so much I didn’t understand so I became bored.  I loved to read but I found myself reading books that intrigued or entertained but certainly didn’t teach me anything.  I longed to have the connection with God and discover the passages of hope like others seemed to have but it didn’t happen until I was in my 40’s.  I remember the beginning of the sense that God was actually speaking to me through His Word.  The words seemed to leap off the page in my spirit and it gave me hope.



Often times, I was praying for our son and God would speak directly to my situation.  That is when the Word became alive and active to me.  Now I seek His instruction, direction and promise for my personal struggle and I write it down and meditate over its significance to me.  It has always taught me and give me hope for the future.



If you don’t really enjoy reading God’s word begin reading it.  Ask Him to speak to you through it and to speak to your circumstances.  When you believe He has spoken, write it down and meditate on it.  It will always supply your greatest need.




No comments:

Post a Comment