Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day 21

Where is your treasure?

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

At our church there was a special room set aside for the youth to go to pray. They would write down their prayer requests on paper with a florescent pen so that in the dark it would glow. Right at eye level for me was a statement. “Why do I do so much that has no eternal value?” That question now is written on my mirror so that I have to ask it everyday. The question has changed my perspective on the activities of my day. As I keep that question foremost on my mind each day is changes my priorities. Take your own personal survey. How do you spend your days? Is there anything you did yesterday, last month, or last year that will have any eternal value?

 How have you invested in another persons life? How much time have you spent at the Fathers feet as you prayed or read His word? Where are your treasures? Are you storing them on earth where moth and dust break through and destroy or are you laying them up in Heaven?


No comments:

Post a Comment